Graphic Design PC

Demon Decals

New Member
Hi,
I was wondering what you all would recommend for someone with a sign shop, doing 'wraps', and vinyl letter, along with other items using 'Photoshop', and things of that nature. I have a compaq laptop right now, but definately need to upgrade.
Spending limit = $800.00 or so.

Thanks!

-Damon
Demon Decals
www.demondecals.com
 
Something that can process, and hold several 8 x 16 foot graphics from photoshop, filled with color, textures, and effects. If that helps you at all?
Thanks!
 
Well if you're going to buy one, this HP is a good deal:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s.../psg/desktops/High_performance/HPE150t_series

I'll post a parts list for a home-built one in a minute.

edit: here- both of these will yield better results, I think. The only advantage of the HP one is more RAM (you won't use it) and Win7 pro, which you probably don't need. The home-built ones will last longer (better parts), and overall have better support, though it's for individual parts rather than the whole computer.


If you want to go Intel, replace the CPU, Mobo, and GPU with these-
CPU- Core i5 750- $195
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215

Mobo- GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3L- $100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128406

GPU-
MSI Radeon HD5670- $115 ($100 after rebate)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127477

Totals to $810 shipped, $785 after rebates. The big difference is a slightly more powerful CPU, with a less powerful GPU.


I should note that while the GPU didn't matter much in previous versions of photoshop, CS4 adds GPU accelleration, so a faster GPU speeds things up even more. Just make sure you enable it. (Edit > Preferences > Performance)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top