Graphics Card Driver Constantly Failing

Guitaristic

Ok, ran Seatools thoroughly on my machine for the past few hours and it came back with a PASS. So the hard drive is good to go. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed because that would have been simple to replace lol :D

I guess I'll proceed with checking voltage measurements and such tomorrow, as I'm pretty busy tonight. So realistically, which is more probable--a defective mobo or a defective video card?

Obviously something weird was going on with my mobo since it stopped detecting the hard drive (evidently) with the pre-flash BIOS.

Guitaristic

Went to turn my computer on a while ago, and had the same "missing operator system" error. So that's got me thinking it's definitely something with the mobo. Would a mobo defect be able to cause the original problem of my CPU usage spiking to 100% constantly?

Guitaristic

Dang you guys are quiet now huh? :D

haha anyways, I believe the problem is solved. I ended up flashing the BIOS, downloading the latest graphics drivers, running Seatools for Windows, doing a couple different scans (microsoft safety scanner and MalwareBytes)...things were working but the nvidia driver was still crashing occasionally. I removed the card from the computer to test some stuff, and now that I've put it back it's running as good as ever. I guess it had just come loose a little bit maybe?

Oh well it appears to be solved for now. Thanks for all the help you guys gave!

Okedokey

Thats great. I think you simply had a BIOS issue and possible a an IRQ conflict. If you can be bothered, I would also replace the CMOS battery as it sounds like it may be going out.