Graphics card question

Do you think it would be a smart idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lasse

Graphics card question:
I'm thinking about buying a new computer, but I ran into a problem.
I dont know if I should spend a little more on my graphics card...

Should I upgrade this:
"Asus GeForce GTX1050 2GB" >To this>"Asus GTX 1050Ti 4GB STRIX"???

:)

Lasse

I know, but since it don't really cost much more, i would suppose that it would be worth it, right?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, not worth it. You would want to go with the 1060 to notice any real difference.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
This may be a better question... What games do you play? This really determines what video card you need.

Lasse

I play Games like: Minecraft, WoT and Overwatch... And in the future i want to play "CS:GO"...

That might be exceeding my budget...

Lasse

I'm not in the US, I'm in DK (=expensive sh*t), and my budget is: $880 for the computer... Still expensive, prices a little more than the UK...

beers

Staff member
Those games aren't anything crazy and would play well on the 1050Ti.

If you wanted to play shiny newer games like Battlefield 1 you'd have to turn down some settings.

Lasse

Okay, so you would recomend the 1050Ti?
And just a hypothetical question, if i was going for BF1 do you think it would be playable???

Darren

Staff member
So you've already got a 1050 or you're just shopping for cards and asking if the price jump for the TI is worth it?

Darren

Staff member
If you're wanting to get something faster than the 1050 might as well bump up to an RX 470. Noticeably faster for not much more money. Either way a 1050 can do Overwatch easily. Benchmarks for comparison sake.

pd6ntptktnn0nmsblhh3.png

http://kotaku.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-and-1050-ti-review-entry-level-1788257860