Graphics card slot

g4m3rof1337

It has an NVIDIA GeForce 7100 graphics in it already, but you have all together 1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It appears you have PCI-e x16 and PCI. PCI-e is much better and they have far better for that interface, so any PCI-e x16 card will do fine.

g4m3rof1337

Yes, for the best performance you should add a card in the PCI-E x16 slot.

What do you plan on using the computer for, gaming?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
if your going to add a new GFX card in that system you might just need a new Psu aswell

Chris2112

I just purchased a game that requires a 7900 card at minimum and I have a 7100 whatever that is. Im looking for a cheap 8100 around 100-150 or so. So im hearing I should go with PCI-E but if I see a PCI that looks ok would tha tbe ok too?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just purchased a game that requires a 7900 card at minimum and I have a 7100 whatever that is. Im looking for a cheap 8100 around 100-150 or so. So im hearing I should go with PCI-E but if I see a PCI that looks ok would tha tbe ok too?

8100 :confused: you dont mean 8600GT do you?

and no dont go for a Pci card...you need Pci-e, Pci is so outdated.

what is the game you want to play? and would like to play in the future?

g4m3rof1337

An 8600 for a low budget, and for a higher budget, look at the 8800GT or 8800GTS.

Unless you want to go into the 9 Series.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you kidding me? The 8600gt xxx can handle crysis!!

What Frame rates? what settings?

i didnt say it wasnt any good,im just saying that he may be able to get a better one for his budget he mentioned :)

G25r8cer

For is budget then yes you can obviously get better! I get around 25-30fps, playable on med settings in crysis. I dont play that game that much though. I get around 35-40fps on rainbow six vegas 2 which is great for my card.

G25r8cer

Did you not see the one i posted? The one I posted is the best 8600gt you can get and is way cheaper than those. Never buy a graphics card or anything like that from best buy b/c the rip you off majorly!!