Graphics Card

namvet

Have a iBuypower nzxt gaming pc. Have had no problems for years. Now the pc works fine until playing a game. It locks up and freezes and need to do forced restart. Then works fine until playing a game again. Could this be a graphics card problem???????

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Video card
Power supply
Memory

Have you tried updating video card driver? Are you getting a blue screen? If so, there are log files I would need to verify whats causing it to crash.

namvet

Thanks for reply. Card has latest drivers. Took it to a repair place and they talked me into a new pc. It is 8 yr old but hate to trash it. It works fine until you play a game and it is a game that has played many times. Would like to give it to my grandson. We even reset pc back to factory settings. It will play youtube films etc but not a download game.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My guess would be a bad video card. All the store cares about is making money. They really don't want to help you at all. You need to have someone else that does computer work for a side job to look at it and tell you what is wrong. That's what I do.

Darren

Staff member
My guess would be a bad video card. All the store cares about is making money. They really don't want to help you at all. You need to have someone else that does computer work for a side job to look at it and tell you what is wrong. That's what I do.
Not ALL stores are like that, but yeah most will be. I mean if it's 8 years old I'd probably suggest a new machine for gaming purposes anyway.

Twiki

What are the specs of your PC? At 8 years of age something will not be adequate anymore.