Graphics or Motherboard issue?

MrNah

Just took my desktop computer out of storage now that I have an office to set it up in. Just picked up 2 new pieces of ddr2 800 pc6400 2x2gig sticks of ram because I sold my old two for my dad before I put it in storage. Turned it on and my monitor was blank. No signal. I would figure it was the video card except neither my mouse or keyboard had any lights come up when the computer was on. So perhaps it could be my motherboard. Can't see any burn damage on either the video card or motherboard. Unplugged and replugged in everything 2ce with no luck. There is a small white scuff mark on my video card but it doesn't look damaging. Any thoughts or suggestions? No spare parts available unless I pick up new parts from ncix.

Thanks, MrNah.

MrNah

Sorry but it's not the computer on my signature, the video card of this computer is a HD5450 512mb ddr2 pci-e. the mother board is gforce6100-sm.

mihir

VIP Member
First does the computer turn on and stays on without posting Or does it turn on and shuts off after a few seconds or it turns on and it posts but still no video.

First check whether the motherboard speaker is installed or not.

08ae334954135b4247f5664e2e5616eb76d4e681_small.jpg

Then once you turn on the PC is it making a short single beep.
If it is making a short beep then it is posting.Try connecting the Monitor to the onboard Video Card and also remove the GPU.
If it is not making a short beep then remove all the memory modules from the motherboard and then try turning it on.It should give a long BEEP.
Also try putting in another working PSU and booting up.
Also try another GPU and posting.

MrNah

Motherboard speaker is installed. Just replaced the motherboard... Having the same issue. Even when I plug the monitor in to the onboard video card nothing comes up. Processor fan is spinning and so is the hard drive, dvd burner and power supply fan running. Not getting lights on my keyboard and mouse still... Could it be my power supply? Even though my processor fan is spinning and the cd tray opens, etc... could there be no power getting to the usb/video card? Suggestions? Took out the hard drive and plugged it in to my laptop using my ide &Sata usb2.0 connector. Opened and ran fine.