Graphics problem? (At boot up)

Warriorhazzard

Hello,

I have been having problems when starting up my computer, bars that are similar to bar codes appear on my screen, and then they turn into squares flashing around

I had this problem since I first build my computer but it would work by itself, meaning that it would restart boot up process

---

Just today I was trying to get on my computer and everything went well until it reched the Windows Boot-Up screen, it had some "bar codes" running up and down (purple this time :p) - It then re-booted but now it just showed all bar codes and no Bios set-up, etc.

--Some pictures of screen

I believe it is my graphics card, but I am not 100% sure :D:D
~ Does this mean that my video card just came out wrong from the start? And I should have exchanged it when I had the chance....:confused:

Thanks,
Warrior :cool:

PC eye

banned
At the first sign of any problem the smart move would have been immediately performing some troubleshooting like trying a different card to see if it software or hardware related. If it isn't the card the board itself could be seeing a bad slot.

The problem there is clearly hardware since the system is restarting immediately. The thing to do is now was already mentioned meaning swapping cards out. If a friend can loan a known working card to test that out and you still have problems then suspect a bad slot on the board.