Graphics Processor New GTX 1070Ti Flickering/Pixels

FunkySplurge

I've just installed my new Zotac GTX 1070Ti Mini and it seems as if there's an issue with pink and green pixels appearing on the screen. Also when I boot into Windows 7 the screen turns on and off constantly.

I have tried taking the card out and putting it back in. I have tried using a different 8 pin power connector. I am able to boot into Safe Mode, but there's still pink and green pixels.

My other hardware components are an Intel Core i7 4790 (non-K) 16GB DDR3 1333MHz (2X8GB) ASUS H81M PLUS DREVO 240GB SSD Corsair TX750 PSU.

I have tried using DDU through safe mode and have tried installing the latest NVIDIA drivers, but haven't had any luck.

Could this be a dead GPU or is it something else that I'm missing?

I'd also like to mention that I was using the onboard Intel HD 4600 graphics, but changed from iGPU to Auto in the BIOS.

It seems that taking the card out and putting it back in marginally fixes the problem, but pixels still appear at 1920x1080, however at lower resolutions it's not an issue.

FunkySplurge

I have a DP to HDMI on the way today so will try it out and see if it makes any difference. It seems to me if it is a connection problem as the pixels can be better or worse each time I take the card out and put it back in. I had an ASUS STRIX GTX 780 in there before and that worked fine.

FunkySplurge

Issue has been resolved by using DP to HDMI, not too sure why it didn't like using the HDMI lead! Thanks for your help Intel_man and fingers crossed no more pixels! :)

FunkySplurge

It seems the pixel issue has disappeared, but now I'm experiencing screen tearing whilst watching 1080p videos on YT and in VLC. Also had the problem where the screen was turning on and off then no signal from the TV.

jevery

I've seen the pink and green pixels. My last new 1070, (EVGA), was bad out of the box. Returned it to Newegg for replacement and no problem since. Can you return it?

FunkySplurge

I'm going to RMA it as it's through Amazon and they're willing to send out a replacement. Better to be safe than sorry considering it cost me £400.

Darren

Staff member
My 1080 very sporadically gets signal loss, it seems to be somewhat common on the Pascal GPU's, although newer drivers have helped (but not fixed) it.