Great

fortyways

banned
So it turns out my motherboard has no northbridge temp reporting. And yet it has overclocking options.

I don't know if it has a sensor or not, but I get no readings in any programs or the BIOS.

I looked at the manual, and their screen shot of the BIOS is the same as mine: CPU temp, CPU fan speed, other fan speeds, and voltages. No motherboard temp. There's no mention of motherboard temps anywhere in the manual.

This is the Gigabyte board in my sig.

Is it normal for 945G chipsets to have not a temp sensor, or what?

What do I do at this point? Hope for the best?

Quentin_T

Huh? I certainly don;t get it. Do you want to OC you comp with a 380 earthwatts PS? The point of that PS is to conserve. If you plan on serious OC, dump it. Why are you so concerned with NB temp?

You using a wood box with no circulation fans?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
His PSU is fine, if I remember correctly it has a copious +12v rail, and surely the 380w spec shouldn't be fussed over. His current components are probably drawing less than 250w under full load. Ocing won't add much to that tally.

I wouldn't worry about temps though, agreed. I don't and I've never had any problems whatsoever. Then again I've never overclocking the monster that is a C2d. Little details?

Quentin_T

Just saying, If I planned on a serious OC, the last thing on my mind would be an earthwatts. :p

I did buy a 380 earthwatts for my server. :) And I do agree that the PSU bashing is so overrated (who the hell needs a 1200 W PSU anyway, unless your running your electric shaver off your PSU, then it's cool).

Last edited:

fortyways

banned
I just want to bump it up to 2.2 or so.

I RMA'd the 945G board for a 610i board, the one that's in my signature now.

I don't plan on any voltage increase, I really highly doubt my PSU is insufficient.