Greetings Earthlings

Dumpy

Got a ¿¿¿

I am building a new machine the first in a few years. I have never loaded Windows XP, but was told if you load it and something happens that forces you to re-install it that you have to contact Mr. Bill and company to get some kind of code to do so. :confused: Something other than the license. I was just wondering if someone might know a good way to make a mirror image to store somewhere else in case something goes wrong. :( I hear that Mr. B and C aren't to keen on letting you re-install and get real personal. :eek:

smitherz

i cant see that happening. i've installed XP millions of times and i have never come accross anything like that.

smitherz

cykx

There is this one program I know of, I believe it is called Ghost which will copy one HD to another identically. Its a very small program, fits on a floopy. Youll have to open your case and hook up another hard drive to your CD-ROM'S IDE cable. Then you just follow a few on screen instructions and in a few seconds you have 2 identical Hard Drives. I dont know much as to the legality of this but im not very legal myself. Ive already done a few replys with underground tendencies, hope it doesnt get me kicked out of the forum. Ill see if I can find the program. Ill host it on my geocities page for ya and anybody else who might need this. Its a very handy program of your a techy or just have alot of pc's in your house.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Partition utilities can also perform clone-operations :) Ghost kicks ass ... although the newest version, v9, is kinda .. different.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
hmmmmm, if you've purchased it then Y would anyone have a problem with how many times you reinstal it and activate it? :).. also there's a file that's created when you activate xp home and if you saved it on a disk then all you'd have to do is put it back when you reinstal windows and it thinks youve re-activated it ;-).. Of course you'd only do this with a legal copy! right?

cykx

Yes but from experience you can only activate a serial a set amount of times before it starts telling you its invalid. When it does you have to ring up good ol bill's people and verify it. They then give you a very very long key (which I have for my serial) which you enter into the activation menu and it activates the old key again because it veryfies its authenticity. I do believe there is a registry key you can alter so it thinks its already activated, not too sure.

CNN: Well Bill what do you think about the comments of you monopolizing the industry?

Bill: Monopolys a game, I wanna rule the f$@%ing world

MSN = 666

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well I've only mentioned this as a backup just incase someone did not have an internet connection and did not have a phone (it could happen) LOL. there is a file on your computer that if saved and replaced after a fresh instal windows will already think it's been activated. It's actualy the record of activation from when it was originaly activated and you'd never need to activate again. Now b4 PIRATES think "kewl i'll just get the file off of someone that has a legal copy!" dont bother because it also stores system info and cannot be used on another machine. This is no hack and is not elegal or else I would not have mentioned it.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
It's not a very big file but the system info is hardware setup and such so it's likely not to work if you change something in your systems hardware.