GTA IV lagg on more than enough hardware.

myndziuss

Hey all, my problem is that i just purchased gta iv complete edition. I installed the game and ran it. When it came to the first mission i think my settings were on default. It lagged crazy, i couldn't look around or anything. Then i started the game a second time and put the settings on high and highest and i think 30-50 view distance and then when it came to the first mission the game crashed with a fatal error. I tried running the game on complete low settings with everything 0 and 800x600 it still laggs while driving a car or walking around, i dont understand how this is possible since my pc specs are quite better than the ones even listed on the box (i can even run crysis warhead on max settings -,-). It laggs even when i use the auto configure thing which chooses the settings to be high. And on top of all that i cant save since i cant logon to windows live, lol.. I have never heard of a game that needs internet to save <_<

The lagg is like, the game freezes for a little less than a second and unfreezes then it takes a while and it freezes like that again.

And last my system specs >

Corsair TX 650W PSU

Intel Core Quad Processor i5-760 2.80ghz

ASUS P7H55-M PRO, Socket-1156

Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

1 TB HDD

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 470 1280MB AMP!

I really hope someone can help me on this :(

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
If you haven't already, try reinstalling the game, if that fails, try updating DX and drivers

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I had that problem before, it turns out to be Windows Live screwing things up. I never did get around to fixing it though.

myndziuss

now i updated my video card drivers, (appears my directx drivers were up to date.. i think :p) and i downloaded the gta iv update #7, now the game wount start ;(

[edit]: Ok now i downloaded all the updates from 1 to 7 and i have installed all of them up to update 5, the game runs perfect on max settings now :) But i am afraid of installing update 6 and 7 since last time i installed 7 it made my game un-runable, both of them remove social club and have a different installation than the other updates. You guys have any taughts on this? Is there something important in these updates or should i just leave it the way it is? :p

Last edited: