GTX 1070 prices in Canada

spirit

Staff member
Here in the UK on Novatech at least you're looking at anywhere between £620 and £680 for a GTX 1080: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx1080series/?o=1 though on Amazon the EVGA Founders Edition is £800 (the same card is £680 on Novatech). So that's between $1,155.49 and $1,267 CAD for the GTX 1080 in the UK. Those GTX 1080s aren't released in the UK until June 16th though so those prices may be higher because they're pre-order prices.

It doesn't look like the GTX 1070 is for sale here yet. My guess is it'll be around £520-580. That would be between $969 and $1080 CAD if they're going to cost that much in the UK.

$650 CAD = £348.99. They're not going to cost that in the UK at launch I can tell you! Maybe after a few months and after some competition from the red side, but not at launch.

There you go. :cool:

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
So you're telling me an Nvidia card is expensive? Ludicrous!

I jest, but seriously those conversion rates are insane. Is this an issue with the stores/government or something more on Nvidia's end?

Intel_man

VIP Member
It's probably a mixture of both Nvidia and stores/government. The stores often try to give us bs excuses on why they cost more than the states, but I usually tell them to **** right off with that reason in a more polite way.

Speaking of which, RMA service in Canada needs to improve. They often require us to ship it down to the states and the amount of goddamn paperwork that needs to be filled out to send it across the border is retarded. Not to mention how ridiculously expensive it is to ship it across the border.

Darren

Staff member
I had to RMA my 7970 directly with AMD in Canada.. Shipped it to Canada from Kansas for 20ish bucks. Got there in 3 days and I had a total turn around time in 8 days IIRC. Was quicker than the time I had to RMA to California, and cost about the same. *shrug*.

Intel_man

VIP Member
That's not bad at all $20 to ship it across the border.

I remember RMA's my evga motherboard a few months ago... cost me like $30 with FedEx for their Ground service to ship from Vancouver to LA. UPS wanted $40. :eek:

That and... there was like 5 pages worth of customs forms to fill out. So dumb.

spirit

Staff member
So you're telling me an Nvidia card is expensive? Ludicrous!

I jest, but seriously those conversion rates are insane. Is this an issue with the stores/government or something more on Nvidia's end?
Radeons aren't exactly cheap either. Usually when either side launch a high-end card which is also the fastest in the world the price is insane for a bit.

The high prices are likely caused by tax etc.