GTX 1080 in Canada

Intel_man

VIP Member
I hope the price drops after they're actually in stock. NCIX likes to jack up the prices when the product's back ordered.

Darren

Staff member
I hope the price drops after they're actually in stock. NCIX likes to jack up the prices when the product's back ordered.

I remember seeing Amazon with $400+ prices on R9 390's within the past few months due to poor availability. Particularly the Sapphire variant, which I paid $320 for in March(?).

Intel_man

VIP Member
:mad: i'LL CUt YOU :mad:

I was getting 11-14fps on all low settings or turned off @ 1280x1024 playing GTA online and nobody wanted to play with me...
giphy.gif

Intel_man

VIP Member
Unless your RMA's within 30 day's of purchase, the replacement product's usually b-stock from evga. Usually.

Darren

Staff member
Unless your RMA's within 30 day's of purchase, the replacement product's usually b-stock from evga. Usually.
Getting an actual new product for an RMA is downright wishful thinking. It's almost always refurbished or just returned merchandise. My second 7970 had a fan rattle that became noticeable at 60+ percent fan speed. I assume that's why it was RMA'd in the first place but it was pretty quiet and didn't bother me enough to mess with it. The 7990 I also got as an RMA replacement was clearly used (scratched up), and had a little fan rattle too if the card was vertical.

Dunno how it is on the Nvidia/EVGA side, but can't imagine it would be any different.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Unless it's RAM. That's usually new stuff.

From EVGA's warranty page on video cards.
  • All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent in return if the product was purchased new-in-box, subject to availability.