Gtx 460/570/580

HixBlix

Hello all

its been awhile since ive built computer and was wondering which card would suit be best, it is going to be a gaming rig and i was think of getting one of these cards for now and in the future getting another to run in SLI,
my brother has the 460 and it seems to run fine but ive heard good things about 570 but all ive read is about the running in a single card format not in SLI, these card are all in my price range to buy a single one and get another if and when required so the rig will keep me going for a few years!

so my main points are:-
which is best?
Will i benefit from having two of them in SLI or just build a non SLI rig?

mihir

VIP Member
I would suggest going for a GTX 570 and in future if you feel it slacking sell it and get another single card. A GTX 580 will be a bit more futureproof but not enough to shell $150 more. But it is completely your choice. The GTX 580 will give you and advantage of 7-12fps given that you are not bottlenecked by your CPU and RAM

HixBlix

Ah ok thank you so if having a single will be better their is no point me spending extra cash an SLI mother board so would this be good enough to run a gtx 570?

Asrock P67 Pro3 B3 LGA1155,DDR3,7.1Snd,USB3,GBLan,ATX
???

thats with an

i5 2500 3.30Ghz and 4-8Gb ram

Last edited:

FuryRosewood

get a z67 board if you can stretch it, the SRT tech is amazing, saves you money on buying a large ssd, you can instead use a smaller ssd to cache, gigabyte has a nice setup, you dont even have to initially install with the ssd in it, you simply can install on a large harddrive, and then later add the ssd to improve performance saw it on NCIX and was very impressed

wellhellothere

If its any help, my 460 runs like a beast :p

I'm faced with pretty much the same choice as you though, as my current card won't run Bf3 to my satisfaction. Its a toss up between a 570 or two 460's... probably end up going with the 570 though.