Gtx 480 sli psu

Aastii

VIP Member

or Antec, Enermax, XFX, Seasonic Be Quiet!, Silverstone etc... Corsair aren't all that, there are better units from any of those manufacturers, but of course, there are also worse, but they are all still very good units.

May I ask for what reason you are going with 2 480's? It would be a better option to go with a single 580, and then upgrade with a second later on, it will be plowing through all games, at high resolution, full settings and even multi display/3D if you so wish, but running with ~ the same power draw as the 480, yet less heat and much greater performance.

Depending on the specs of the rest of your system, 750W would be plenty for the cards, and for a large number of hard drives, optical drives, memory and an overclock on top of both the CPU and cards

gamerwithoutrig

or Antec, Enermax, XFX, Seasonic Be Quiet!, Silverstone etc... Corsair aren't all that, there are better units from any of those manufacturers, but of course, there are also worse, but they are all still very good units.

May I ask for what reason you are going with 2 480's? It would be a better option to go with a single 580, and then upgrade with a second later on, it will be plowing through all games, at high resolution, full settings and even multi display/3D if you so wish, but running with ~ the same power draw as the 480, yet less heat and much greater performance.

Depending on the specs of the rest of your system, 750W would be plenty for the cards, and for a large number of hard drives, optical drives, memory and an overclock on top of both the CPU and cards

Because everything is so expensive, and I can't even hold a budget! Like, when your first paying 1000$, why not just add some more to get better components! And that makes my head f***ed up. :(

jevery

A pair of 480s can put the hurt on a PSU, But I'm with Drenlin, you'll be OK

22207.png

From here.

Drenlin

Furmark creates unrealistically high power consumption, so going by that chart, it'll probably north of 90% usage at full load but not out of spec.