Gtx 480

ChrisUlrich

Still one of the best bang cards under $200? More like $180?

Looking for a card to play Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 with pretty high settings if possible! Starcraft 2 I see doable, but Guild Wars 2 is pretty new. But it's a MMO so they are usually a bit easy to max out if I remember since it's all online and graphics are always a bit less worried about.

FuryRosewood

Wouldnt the 680 do the job? or is this for someone elses machine? GW2 seems to be pretty graphically intense...id probably go into the 570 range if you can swing it to keep power draw down and for silence. some gtx570s are only a little more expensive than the 480

Last edited:

ChrisUlrich

Oh yea dude, this is a "budget" machine for my friend. My PC rocks! :)

He asked me to spec a machine out for him because I want someone to play with! He needs an upgrade. The GTX 480 is a pretty monster card for the price. Just not sure how demanding GW2 is!

kdfresh09

id get the gtx 480. evga is selling it for $180 on their website. it for sure a great card. it runs battlefield 3 and crysis 2 maxed out with an average of about 45 fps. you really cant go wrong with a card like the 480, for the price its at right now, and since its for a budget gaming pc, id say its a no brainer it will play gw2 hands down, no problem. what cpu will be in this computer?

Last edited: