GTX 560 2GB or HD 6950 2GB

Which one? :)

• Total voters

Russ88765

Well, the 470's stock clocks aren't the same but it has a whopping 448 cores vs the 384 of the gtx560. Since it also has 1gb of memory, as well as a higher bitrate/bandwidth- once you clock it the same as a 560 it wins. I think the reason they are saying the gtx560 wins vs a 470 is because they were comparing stock clock reference cards. They should make another bench with same clocks on each, I have a feeling the 470 will win by a solid margin. I believe it has that potential.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well the 560 2gb is around £270 from the one place i seen it,Dont really want to spend over £230 so i think il be getting the 6950 2GB and unlocking it to 6970.

Anyone seen the PowerColor Radeon HD 6950 PCS++ anywhere in th UK for sale yet?

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well my 460 is SOLD...so i need to make my mind up,Im getting mixed messages atm across diffrent boards...i think its a Nvidia/AMD was going on though so im not actually getting a real answer which is the better performer,and im not sure if the benchmarks are true?

tech savvy

no,the 560 does not have better performance than the 6950. you can OC a 560 to perform on-level or faster than the 6950 tho.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well i made my mind up and went with the HD6950...The potential of unlocking to a 6970 and it having 2gb of memory done it for me.

Thanks anyway guys.

FuryRosewood

memory isnt important to me, OpenGL support is...and ATI openGL support tends to suck donkey well...you know, nvidia all the way. id go with the 560.

Rollo

newegg does have a 2gb model, but its a palit.i personaly never owned a pilat and probably will never own one,personal reasons.im waiting for asus,msi or gigabyte to release one so i can grab one or two.here- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261099

I've had about every brand of NVIDIA card except Palit, that is changing soon though. Ordered to of these to try out on my 5756 X 1080 surround rig.

I already voted for 2GB 560s before I saw this poll. ;)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had about every brand of NVIDIA card except Palit, that is changing soon though. Ordered to of these to try out on my 5756 X 1080 surround rig.

I already voted for 2GB 560s before I saw this poll. ;)

Palit are a good make,ive not had any problems with mine anyway.

The thing is with the 2gb 560,Its around £280 here....which is quite a bit more than the 6950 2GB at around £230 so thats why i went for the 6950. :)