GTX 560 ti Sli Vs GTX 580

Ribso

So im looking foward to all the new games coming out this year, so im building my first rig. What do you guys recommend GTX 560 ti SLI or GTX 580. I may buy another 580 in a years time if i was to take that Option.

JaredC.

I agree, if you would be going SLI with the 580 in the future why not do it right the first time? GTX580.

jonnyp11

560 sli means more watts and sli drivers and games tend to have issues, where a single 580 will need less power and blast through everything effortlessly, so unless you want 3+monitors then the 580 is the best choice.

mihir

VIP Member
Performance wise the GTX 560 Ti SLI would be better.
But not recommended.
Which monitor would you be using with it?
And also what are the other components you are planning to get.

tech savvy

560 is already old news... 580 is the way to go... i love mine!

How you figure the 560ti is old news? If im correct, the 560ti is newer than the 580.If anything, the 580 is old news.

OP,like what everyone is saying, a single more powerful GPU is always better than two less powerful ones. Get the 580.

ScottALot

The market in used graphics cards is weird. I'm going to show you how you can save yourself a bit of money with a 580 instead.

These aren't real prices, just speculations. This is what you'd think:
GTX 580 - 400$ Used [After new generation] - 40$ = 360$
GTX 560 - 200$ Used [After new generation] - 20$ = 180$

But that's wrong. When one GPU in a generation goes down by x amount, the rest tend to decrease by a very similar amount, not a factor of that amount. So if you had two 560s, you'd lose 2x rather than x.

Also, 580 will save you a bit of cash on your electrical bill.
Also, 580 won't have SLI scaling issues.
Also, 580 won't have overclocking issues (SLI overclocking issues aren't that major, but they do exist)
Also, 580 will work in setups that don't support SLI, making building and selling that much more convenient.
Also, 580 will be easier to alternatively cool as you don't have to buy two coolers.
Also, 580 will work in setups that don't have the power connectors two 560s need (four six-pins, I assume?)

Pros for 560: SLI looks cool and if one GPU goes bad, you've got the other to use while you RMA or throw away (lol RMA and throw away rhyme).

Last edited: