GTX 680 Questions

czechmate

I'm pretty solid on the components I have chosen, but I am unsure of the differences between the many brands of parts such as ASUS vs GIGABYTE vs GALAXY and so on. I am most concerned about the video card. Which is the over-all most efficient gtx 680 card?

Or a better question, which one do you use, and do you like it?

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
The cards are all basically the same. However, some manufacturers factory overclock some cards. and each manufacturer has a slightly different cooling system for their card.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Gigabit gots good cooling... but I don't really trust their quality.
Asus is good for what I've heard.
I'm using an XFX, but it's not for nvidea

MyCattMaxx

Gigabit gots good cooling... but I don't really trust their quality.
Asus is good for what I've heard.
I'm using an XFX, but it's not for nvidea
I have been using Gigabyte products for years and never had a bad product.
I just got a Gigabyte GTX460 and could not be happier unless I upgraded to a bigger model.
I have it way overclocked and have been running it 100% GPU 24/7 since the first of the month.
I have had several of their motherboards and have another vid card and have never had an issue with the quality.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Depending on AMD or Nvidia cards. Stick with Gigabyte/Asus/XFX/MSI or Sapphire. If you can get a good price on a HIS its not bad either.

Last edited:

Pck21

I'm partial to EVGA myself. Excellent brand with amazing customer service and quality products. I've never had a bad experience with them. Gigabyte and ASUS are next on my list, respectively.

itsaferbie

Correct! I think they ended the lifetime warranties, right? I believe the higher end cards only have 3 year warranties now.

It appears that they have for the 600 series atleast. Not sure if they will do the same for the 700 series, we'll just have to wait and see.

SuperDuperMe

Im very biased to HIS had 2 gpu's by them and never had a problem.

Asus on the other hand i wouldnt touch with a barge pole. My motherboard is spot on. but i had 3 asus 5830's that all had to be sent back.

Jamebonds1

Im very biased to HIS had 2 gpu's by them and never had a problem.

Asus on the other hand i wouldnt touch with a barge pole. My motherboard is spot on. but i had 3 asus 5830's that all had to be sent back.

really? what's wrong with your ASUS video card?

Okedokey

If they're a reference card, they're a reference card. The same thing. Go by cooling and warranty.