Gtx 690 sli

xxmorpheus

Hey guys, I just got my second gtx 690 and I was wondering if I should set one card as the physx card, or let the application decide? I'm new to nvidia so physx is a bit confusing. Also, would 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 be a better resolution to play on than 1920x1080? I'm sure two of these can handles those resolutions. Thanks.

tech savvy

In order, best to least; 2560x1600, 2560x1440, 1920x1080.

As for Physx, a GTX 690 would be a waste of a card/money if used only for Physx, Sli them and let Nvidia/software decide, GPU/CPU. A good Physx card would be a 550ti or something in that nature.

Edit: I want 2x690's, me sad now.

Last edited:

claptonman

I'd prefer 1440 over 1600 just because I'm used to playing at 1080, which would be 16.9 aspect ratio, same as 1440. But if you want the most pixels, 1600.

jonnyp11

does your monitor even support that high res? judging by your specs it should be that nice of a monitor but never know

FuryRosewood

If you have the CPU to do the physx via cpu, id just do that, you need a card otherwise thats not too fast that your wasting your money, or not too slow that its slowing down your gpu's, otherwise id just say use one of your current cards or cpu to run physx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbww3dhzK0M

Good information from there.

Not sure how it applies here cus the card is more potent and how much of a gap you have between the cards and wether or not you would have a bottleneck. Seems he used a 550Ti and got ok performance, but i expect now performance would need to be greater.

Last edited:

ChrisUlrich

What games would something like this even matter?

I play BF3 on max at 2560x1440, flawlessly with a single GTX 680. What other new games out there are much more graphic demanding (or look better)?

I never understood the physics part of a game...

swchoi89

What games would something like this even matter?

I play BF3 on max at 2560x1440, flawlessly with a single GTX 680. What other new games out there are much more graphic demanding (or look better)?

I never understood the physics part of a game...

I'm really surprised that Aion isn't in the list. Try running the game with all high settings UNDER the High Quality engine. I used to have 6950 radeon and had like 30FPS half the time.