(GUIDE) How to install Visual Styles on Windows Vista

Kesava

ok so i have an OSX theme installed with style selector and this is what it has ended up looking look.

1215402324.jpg

im not yet happy with it haha, but its getting there

Kesava

it handles all those files. and it compresses better then most archivers.

it handles: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS

elmer91

is there somewhere i can get winRAR that isnt a 30 day trial. there was one on the link on the other page, but it was named pocket PC.

Kesava

probably not legally...
but there are other programs that do exactly the same thing but are free... such as 7-zip.

haha

elmer91

ok. it has a 40 day trial. if i was to uninstall every 40 days, and then re install, will that work? i know some programs it does, others it doesnt.

Justin

VIP Member
i've had this laptop for over a year now and had download winrar since. and it's working fine. i get the buy it thing but i never did.

elmer91

ok, i noticed a lot of people have the object dock. i downloaded it, and really like it. but i went to download a back ground, but dont know where to zip the files to. and how do you change the icons?( as in making the mozilla icon black, or something to that effect)

G25r8cer

ok. it has a 40 day trial. if i was to uninstall every 40 days, and then re install, will that work? i know some programs it does, others it doesnt.

No I dont think that will work. Maybe with a little bit of registry deletions but, prob not.

Justin

VIP Member
ok, i noticed a lot of people have the object dock. i downloaded it, and really like it. but i went to download a back ground, but dont know where to zip the files to. and how do you change the icons?( as in making the mozilla icon black, or something to that effect)

download dock backgrounds and icons on www.wincustomize.com or www.deviantart.com

place downloaded background folders here
1-8.jpg

place downloaded images here
2-4.jpg

G25r8cer

Wohoo I just tried it for the first time and WOW!! Im liking it very much. I'll be busy now for a while. LOL

elmer91

with the trial, for those of you all that have had it a long time, do you still get the pop up saying this is only a 40 day trial, with a few options, like close, and buy the program?