Gutair Hero III PC

Rudster816

banned
i am installing it right now, and im curious how many people here own it here, and how many of those people bought it for the PC? i didnt buy the gutair though, i have Frets on Fire, and im hoping i can use the same keyboard layout and save a buck or two, im use to spacing of the keys anyhow :p

Calibretto

VIP Member
I got GH3 for the PC. Its better on a console because it's mostly a party game but it's still fun. I think I'll get GH4 for the PC as well when it comes out.

PunterCam

I got GH3 for the PC. Its better on a console because it's mostly a party game but it's still fun. I think I'll get GH4 for the PC as well when it comes out.

I agree, it's one of those games that works on a console but not a pc. It's a social thing, one of the few games you can get your girlfriend to play when you can't be ****ed going out! (unless you've got a Wii of course; it's the most half arsed date idea ever - 'come round and we'll get drunk and play on the Wii'. It actually works. Can't imagine '...we'll play guitar hero, but on my pc, and without the guitars, and we'll be crowded round a desk' will be quite as successful!).

Calibretto

VIP Member
we'll play guitar hero, but on my pc, and without the guitars, and we'll be crowded round a desk' will be quite as successful!).

Yeah! but I play with the guitar(s). The only way to play it with your friends and actually enjoy it, is to haul your computer out to the living room and hook it up to your TV via S-Video or whatever you have, maybe buy a USB hub. Too much hassle for me.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Dude dont listen to the haters, its the exact same thing on the pc as it is on the console. I own it and its sweet. I highly recommend getting the wireless les paul though. Its all about the online play ;)

massahwahl

VIP Member
Ive actually never had a problem linking up with people, although, I will say there are a handful of annoying people that start a game then bail when they start to lose.