Guys, what is the fastest Internet connection??

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
actually OC48 is the fastest
OC48 – OC48 service offers the fastest commercial connections available today for transmission of massive amounts of data with maximum efficiency and reliability at 2.488 GPS (gigabits per second).

out of the ones you listed, its prob gonna be cable, but it depends on what package you get, you could gt the crappest cable in the world, but the best IDSL and then it wouldnt be cable thats better, typically though, cable is usually better, WiFi is not a good chouice compared to the other two. Only o be used if you cannot get a physical location for any reason...... (i.e. remote locations / live in a flat) etc....

dragno2039 :D

mrjack

VIP Member
The fastest connection depends on where you live. If you want a fast connection just move to Japan around the year 2010. They should have 10Gb/s connections at that time, or atleast that's the plan they have.

Geoff

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
actually OC48 is the fastest
awww... you said it before me :p

And ya its crazy expensive, its in the hundreds of thousands of dollars a month.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Lol, i know but he didnt specify a budget so i went all out and quoted OC48... he he, damn expensive. As i said earlier, Cable is usually the fastest, followed by DSL lines, depends where you live and what package you order.

dragon2309:D

weltall2006

Wow. I have no idea about Fibre Optics and OC48. I doubt that I need that kind of speed. But where can I learn more about them. The prices, and how to get those connections.

lee101

VIP Member
If those are the fastest, how fast does T3 go?
T3 is a mere :p 45 megabits per second both up and down if i remember correctly

helmie said:
What about OC192 - 9.6 gigabits per second?
omg, how on earth does that connect to a computer, i thought sata II drives were only 3.0gbps and what kind of network could handle that kind of speed, is it the kind of connection that large datacentres would use?

even though it would be pointless i want it :p

Lee :D

Filip

OpticalCarriers.gif

s_m_w_d

[-0MEGA-] said:
awww... you said it before me :p

And ya its crazy expensive, its in the hundreds of thousands of dollars a month.
yeah thats the cost per month but imagine the cost off getting the cable brought from the nearest exchange to your house it would also be a couple of thousand!