Hackers!!!

manfred

Is it possible to hack someones computer and use their internet connection for your own downloads?
Just wondering cos I think it is happening to me

apj101

VIP Member
Are you behind a wireless router or do you have direct access to the internet. If your not behind a wireless router then i dont think it will be happening unless they have broken in and put in some kind switch/router of there own.

Whats makes you suspect that you are being subject to hacking

narafa

manfred said:
Is it possible to hack someones computer and use their internet connection for your own downloads?
Just wondering cos I think it is happening to me

You might think of being hacked just because your internet connection has been slow lately. If this is correct, then there are some other reasons other than being hacked to tell why your internet connection is slow. It might be your ISP, it might be you sharing internet with others, it might be anything.

Want my opinion, if you are not using a wireless router as mentioned, use another PC with the same internet connection and see if the speed is the same or not. By this you can make sure if you are hacked, or your connection is slow for any reason, or if you just have a worm on your PC or even a virus or a spyware that is taking the whole of the bandwidth.

cthomas10uk

narafa said:
to tell why your internet connection is slow. It might be your ISP, it might be you sharing internet with others, it might be anything.
QUOTE]
yer mine does share and im with blueyonder... bin meaning to phone up about that :D .. neway you can tell if some one is sharing by your subnet mask .. i asked my teacher and he sed yer im sharing with people .. so im gunna pay a visit to blue yonder soon and tell them Y MY INTERNET CONNECTION IS BEING SHARED lol

Hellbreather

ARGH! The grammar (and spelling for me) is terrible in that last post.
Anyway what you need to do is work out the IP address of the idiot who is sharing your connection and then just simply report him/her to your ISP.

Sharing Internet connections is never allowed unless of course we're talking about business and home networks :p

Hellbreather

Yeah but could you try talking in correct grammer for the others.

I can tlk in txt 2 bt it jst gets annyin afta a while coz not mny peepz lke it wen peepz tlk lke dis.

apj101

VIP Member
And what is your first language? Your English seems to be that horrible short form derivative which is used in forums and text messages, the English that everyone abhors

Hellbreather

He probably is english just like to talk in text or foreign and thinks tlkin lke dis is the way to talk on this forum. WRONG!!!!! :p lol