HAL 9000 for sale on ebay

ian

Administrator
Staff member
keep in mind that 2001:A Space Odyssey was made in 1968
So take yourself back to 1968 and you would see that it is on the cutting edge for its time.

Sparticle

robots and Harry Potter

pipit said:
So, Why don't u make one. (robot)
I did make one...well...sort of. I made a bad version of Sandwitch, the line following robot (see what it was supposed to look like). Mine is kind of crummy, especially because it doesn't work. It has no motors right now. I didn't want to buy 2 $15 motors. Instead I wanted to find an old remote controlled car and scrap it for the chassis, but I never got around to it. All it does now is light up erratically when I move it around on lighter and darker surfaces.
Here is a link of some pictures I took of it a minute ago, and I am no photographer, so expect some blurriness. :p robo pictures

I am not a Harry Potter fan. I have never read any of the books, so I can't say that they are good or bad. I have seen the first movie though, and I probably won't see any of the others. It isn't that I hated it. I am just not all that interested in the whole plot in general, so I don't think that I will ever pay money to see the others.

pipit

Wow! great!

I help my friend's project couple months ago, Surveillance robot. too bad i don't have camera, i can't take picture of it. It work well. although the distance that image can be captured by camera and viewed by PC is only 100 m. it's antenna problem actually. we made the antenna ourself (with some help of course) coz the good antenna is expensive.

the hard for me is the mechanic. I prefer do designing and soldering than to think about the mechanical(let the boys do that,lah. he he). haven't understood it yet.

So, u interest in robot and computer. interested going to Electrical Engineering?? or...Nevermine...^just curious^ :p

good luck with your other project, sparticle!!!! :)

Sparticle

Yeah...Electrical Engineering!!

pipit said:
So, u interest in robot and computer. interested going to Electrical Engineering??
Well, I actually do plan on majoring in Electrical Engineering in college. :D I am interested in just about everything related to electricity, though I have only recently become interested in computers. Just in the last 3 years, I have learned QBasic, C++, Java, HTML, JavaScript, and I have also used a couple more languages. I am also a certified CIW Professional (just one more test until I am a Webmaster :) ).
With homework, I don't have time to build robots, or even learn about circuitry. I am always confused when looking at electronc schematics. I know what most of the symbols are, but I have no Idea how they work together. I hope I won't feel left behind in college. :(

plowexvii

Dont worry about it. Im taking engineering in college right now and it isn't that bad if you have a real desire for it. All it takes is hard work and time :)

Phillip