Halo 2 on XP?!!!!

Twist86

I got this from http://nikon.bungie.org

"Wow, here's some interesting news... Falling Leaf Systems has announced that they will be providing compatibility software that will allow Halo 2, an exclusive Vista title, to run on Windows XP. If you order Halo 2 through their site, you'll get the compatibility libraries FREE when they're released (current estimate is July). Not sure how they plan to make any money... but this seems like a pretty cool thing for folks who'd love to play Halo 2, but can't justify the shift to Vista right now."

I don't know the exact number but I heard rumors that halo 2 did pretty poor far as sales go and I can't find any sites "bragging" about the sales numbers so it might be true. Anyone know how many copies have been sold? I know 1 copy was sold for sure...its about 2 feet from my face.

Last edited:

g4m3rof1337

All the date changing of Halo 2 Vista made me confused, and gamestop not calling me to tell me that it was released, when i reserved it.

Twist86

That sucks :/
I was lucky and got my copy reserved...perks of having family working at Best Buy :)

Last edited:

Tayl

VIP Member
What is with all the hipe about this game? I have it on the Xbox, and it isn't that great. It's quite boring in fact. Are they making it multi playable online or something? As the only good thing about that game is the multiplay feature.

Breaks.

Dropkickmurphys

What is with all the hipe about this game? I have it on the Xbox, and it isn't that great. It's quite boring in fact. Are they making it multi playable online or something? As the only good thing about that game is the multiplay feature.

Breaks.

i also have it on xbox, it really isnt that great, i must have played it just enough to complete the missions once through. Halo 1 was a much better game and i have that for both PC and Xbox, and i still like to play it sometimes, i acutally took the time to complete all the missions on each difficulty, it was that fun :D. halo 2 was too overdone imo.

Twist86

Yes but I love Halo far as the story goes...but your right Micro boned the profits giving the 360 the game and not giving us PC users it at the same time.

Also there is MP + a map editor and the MP is very fun.

I was still a tad disappointed with the games singleplayer...it lacked what Halo had....but I will still buy Halo 3 I hear they are putting the man hours needed to make it great.

EBGames is Gamestop with a different name..... :)

I agree though, they are pretty bad when it comes to stuff like reservations.. Same thing happened to me a while ago.

elitehacker

There is NO way around the Vista requirement for Halo 2, so I guess all you XP users out there will have to upgrade to play halo 2. but I don't think its really THAT good, it was certainly not worth the wait.

Twist86

I agree Elite...was not worth years of waiting I just beat the game this morning SP and been playing MP.

Also I wouldn't put it past people.....there are ways to spoof vista...you just need the right minds to figure it out. We will find out if you can or can not by July.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I agree that Halo 2 was not up to snuff of the original (probably to with the fact that Bungie was bought out by MS after Halo 1, and a lot of the staff subsequently quit...). Furthermore, if you think about it in terms of spending a minimum of $100 for Vista and $50 for the game, it's not worth it...

elitehacker

Yeah I agree, you can't play FPS or RTS games with a joystick. I have tried battle for middle earth, which is a RTS game on Xbox and the control system is SO frustrating.

12-Gauge

FPS games are always better on a PC due to much better controls, playing a FPS on a joystick is just.. wrong.

Mouse support is nice, but I don't think it will improve the game that much. Why would mouse support turn a 3 year old game into a modern masterpiece?? It wouldn't.