which do you think is better?

• Halo 3

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Crysis

Votes: 54 69.2%

• Total voters

Archangel

VIP Member
Thats because this is computer forum. Not xbox360 forum. If we were on a microsoft or xbox forum, then I would guess the responses would be quite different.

you know what a console is called here when translated literairy? a gamecomputer. I say no more :p

Chris, you HAVE to come round and play it, you'll change your mind.

Halo 3, Pffft, just like Halo and Halo 2, except, Oh, more weapons and "prettier" graphics (still pretty bad to be honest)!

I can't stand Halo, the whole thing annoys me, people are addicted to tat!

... Just my opinion.

just wondering... but, have you played it actually? =o
as for you cant stand it because people are addicted to it... well, i gues you dont like anything then, because there there are always people addicted to something ^^ (I gues you get my point :) )

Kornowski

VIP Member
just wondering... but, have you played it actually? =o
as for you cant stand it because people are addicted to it... well, i gues you dont like anything then, because there there are always people addicted to something ^^ (I gues you get my point )

Yeah, I've played Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3, and I can't see a difference in them at all, I get Halo 3 shoved down my neck by my friends when I go out, I'm sick of it!

I don't not like it because people like it, I don't like it because it's all the same, nothing original...

Archangel

VIP Member
I don't not like it because people like it, I don't like it because it's all the same, nothing original...

thats the feeling I've had for ages about like every game that was released the past.. well, 5 years now or so. I mean, when is a game somethign new, and when isnt it? I find it pretty hard to define. I mean, when you look at it, all fps games are pretty much the same, just look at the target, and click. tough, when I would make a statement like that, look at the reactions I'd get!

Kornowski

VIP Member
I see what you mean Arch! :)
I just don't think there's anything special about Halo, any of them really... Crysis, it's one of the first DX10 games, it's got a few cool new features, agreed, it's an FPS like many others out there, but I think it has the edge... ;)

treddstone

you know what a console is called here when translated literairy? a gamecomputer. I say no more :p

I'm not arguing with that, I'm just saying people come to this site for a reason....their interests lie with computers. The same concept would apply to any other forum. Obviously there are always those who have diverse interests, and those with unbiased opinions....I'm just saying results would likely be different somewhere else.
Saying that, I am both a computer and xbox gamer. Having recently played the Crysis demo, I can now say that both offer a lot to the consumer. I like the strategic aspect of Crysis, and the skill requirement of Halo. For example, in Crysis, I expect that one can excel with average aim as long as they can outmaneuver and out think their opponents. With H3, at least in most cases, its so fast-paced that if one's aim isn't dead on, they're toast (assuming they're up against a decent opponent).

Thats just my take....so far I enjoy both, and I'm excited for the release (but more excited for AoC :p )

Botched the quote....oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archangel

VIP Member
Having recently played the Crysis demo, I can now say that both offer a lot to the consumer. I like the strategic aspect of Crysis, and the skill requirement of Halo. For example, in Crysis, I expect that one can excel with average aim as long as they can outmaneuver and out think their opponents. With H3, at least in most cases, its so fast-paced that if one's aim isn't dead on, they're toast (assuming they're up against a decent opponent).

Thats just my take....so far I enjoy both, and I'm excited for the release (but more excited for AoC :p )

couldnt agree more :) both are quite nice, my firt impression of crysis was pretty bad tough to be honest.. but after noticing you could have a lot of fun exploiting the terrain.. well, that made it quite different for me ^^

Botched the quote....oh well.

fixed that :p

Archangel

VIP Member
cant you jsut check it?

and yea, halo 3 is pretty mcuh like halo 2 and 1, except for better physics, AI, grafics, more/different weapons with better balance, pickup-able turrets and usable items. so yea, I agree, halo 3 is exacly the same as the previous game, good that Crysis is so completely different than Farcry, else there wouldnt be any new games around, now would there? ;)

Last edited:

4NGU$

VIP Member
cant you jsut check it?

and yea, halo 3 is pretty mcuh like halo 2 and 1, except for better physics, AI, grafics, more/different weapons with better balance, pickup-able turrets and usable items. so yea, I agree, halo 3 is exacly the same as the previous game, good that Crysis is so completely different than Farcry, else there wouldnt be any new games around, now would there? ;)

i quoted this because i liked it :cool::D:D

hermeslyre

VIP Member
How are you running it? I ran it medium, with some problems..

the beta drivers for Crysis (you have them? 169.04) are just that, remember. Performance might go up with matured drivers, well maybe...

Last edited: