Handwriting Recognition for XP?

massahwahl

VIP Member
I just got my Wacom Bamboo tablet and am learning to use it but was curious if there is a handwriting recognition software for xp non-tablet edition. I believe that office 07 requires one, but for normal use, such as inputting on internet sites and such is there a program that can do this?

jdbennet

xp has handwriting recognition built in i think (i have office 2003 installed so maybe it came with that? i am running home.)

control panel -> regional options -> languages tab -> details button

Attachments

• write.JPG
    write.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 3,054

massahwahl

VIP Member
when i open that window, i dont see a handwriting section, but she has a advanced text services with 'ink correction' underneath it, i dont see the microsoft office 2007 extensions for it though...

cohen

i know there is Windows Journal, you need windows journal for the writing to work in MSN, so try windows journal.

massahwahl

VIP Member
i cant find a download for it... i thought i read somewhere that you can only use that on tablet pcs...is that false?

cohen

i cant find a download for it... i thought i read somewhere that you can only use that on tablet pcs...is that false?

No, you can get it from the windows website.

It can be used on any PC.

i googled it and can't find anything, wait, and i'll just upload it.

massahwahl

VIP Member
sorry to keep bringing this up, but the viewer did allow me to use handwriting in msn, but i cant use for normal computer usage. I want to be able to input website addresses and stuff.