Hard drive crunching away at nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

i555007

New Member
Anyone have some good ideas why my hard drive would all of a sudden start crunching away when all I have running is a browser?

This just started after installing Photoshop CS2 with keygen.

I did a scan of this file online it comes up as possibly having a virus.

Could this be the cause ?
 
Derr, ya think?

That's for sure a virus chewing up your hard drive.

Congratulations! That's your prize for stealing software!

Enjoy! :rolleyes:
 
here's a HJT scan;

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.3 (BETA)
Scan saved at 9:01:08 PM, on 1/11/2010
Platform: Windows 2003 SP2 (WinNT 5.02.3790)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ctfmon.exe
C:\CAD\SolidWorks\swScheduler\swBOEngine.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\VIA\VIAudioi\HDADeck\HDeck.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\EPU-4 Engine\FourEngine.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\SolidWorksLicTemp.0001
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Service\SolidWorksLicensing.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\TrendMicro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://update.microsoft.com/
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VIAJDS] "C:\Program Files (x86)\VIA\VIAudioi\HDADeck\VIAJDS.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HDAudDeck] "C:\Program Files (x86)\VIA\VIAudioi\HDADeck\HDeck.exe" 1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Six Engine] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\EPU-4 Engine\FourEngine.exe" -b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [winlog.exe] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\winlog.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: SolidWorks Task Scheduler Engine.lnk = C:\CAD\SolidWorks\swScheduler\swBOEngine.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - ESC Trusted Zone: http://runonce.msn.com
O16 - DPF: {22945A69-1191-4DCF-9E6F-409BDE94D101} (EModelNonVersionSpecificViewControl Class) - http://www.3dpublisher.net/SWService/eDrawingsEnglish.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/win...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1258166901409
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Event Log (Eventlog) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: HTTP SSL (HTTPFilter) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service (ImapiService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Net Logon (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NT LM Security Support Provider (NtLmSsp) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Plug and Play (PlugPlay) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: IPSEC Services (PolicyAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Protected Storage (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Desktop Help Session Manager (RDSessMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Security Accounts Manager (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: SolidWorks Licensing Service - SolidWorks - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Service\SolidWorksLicensing.exe
O23 - Service: Virtual Disk Service (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: WMI Performance Adapter (WmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 6901 bytes
 
Dude, get this through your head, nobody is going to help you because you didnt read the forum rules.
 
HaHa your such a duchbag.
You probably play WOW all day loser. I can just reformat and reinstall my OS then it’ll be fine, but you, you'll still be a little duchbag geek playing WOW and jerking off to gay porn. so flame away, it won’t change who you are...LoL
 
HaHa your such a duchbag.
You probably play WOW all day loser. I can just reformat and reinstall my OS then it’ll be fine, but you, you'll still be a little duchbag geek playing WOW and jerking off to gay porn. so flame away, it won’t change who you are...LoL

lol, this guys mad cause he cant figure it out, awwww boo hoo, your a moron and will never change. and what is a duchbag? lol learn to spell
 
HaHa your such a duchbag.
You probably play WOW all day loser. I can just reformat and reinstall my OS then it’ll be fine, but you, you'll still be a little duchbag geek playing WOW and jerking off to gay porn. so flame away, it won’t change who you are...LoL

First off, I'm not a duchbag! I'm a douchebag!

Second, I've never played WOW--in fact, I'm not much of a gamer at all--although I did win a 'Monopoly' board game in the Mcdonalds game 2 years ago--and I have been known to play that.

Thirdly, photoshop CS2 is old now..not only do you suck at pirating software--you can't even steal something current.

Anyhow, I'm pretty disappointed you don't like me, and I wasn't able to help you--it really upsets me and hurts my feelings when I can't help a stranger on the internet.
 
Not mad LoL, I’ve fixed worse ones than this…
You should get your facts straight, I didn’t download a pirated version
Of CS2, had it for many years just can’t find the key so I downloaded a keygen and didn’t scan it.
Also I was posting that before your response showed up, so your sarcastic butt-hurtedness is all for nil.
 
Derr, ya think?

That's for sure a virus chewing up your hard drive.

Congratulations! That's your prize for stealing software!

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

lol, another sucker

the best part is that nobody is going to help him :D

First off, I'm not a duchbag! I'm a douchebag!

Second, I've never played WOW--in fact, I'm not much of a gamer at all--although I did win a 'Monopoly' board game in the Mcdonalds game 2 years ago--and I have been known to play that.

Thirdly, photoshop CS2 is old now..not only do you suck at pirating software--you can't even steal something current.

Anyhow, I'm pretty disappointed you don't like me, and I wasn't able to help you--it really upsets me and hurts my feelings when I can't help a stranger on the internet.

Instead of flaming and starting shit with other users, even if they've violated the rules, it would be appreciated if you simply report their posts and move on. Please don't reply to the threads.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top