Hard drive form old computer in new one, some files can't be found

Graeme Heddle

My old desktop gave up the ghost a few weeks ago so I bought a new one and removed the hard disk from the old one and fitted it into the new one as a second hard drive. I looked up videos explaining how to format it but it appears to have worked automatically, I'm guessing as this was due to both computers being Windows 10 as the demo videos I saw mentioned 'formatting for Windows 10'.

One thing that has me stumped thought, me being not a complete tech wizard, is that I can access the files such as the Program Files and so on from my old PC but can't find a way of accessing other things such as music, photos, documents and such from the old PC. Is there a solution to this?

_Pete_

Those folders are in c:/users/whatever the name of your computer is. if you try to access that folder Windows 10 will say that "you do not have permission to access this folder" and then tell you to click "continue." You should then be able to access those folders and files. You should find, amongst others, Pictures, Documents, downloads etc.