Hard Drive HELP!!!!!!

geelongcats29

PLZZZ Help.

I recently gotta a new computer and installed Windows 98 the the XP Pro Upgrade. I did not have a valid CD Key because I used the same one as this my old computer so i bought XP Home. Before I installed XP home I had 2 partitions of my Hard Drive C: (Which was 1.99GB) and E: (Which was about 75Gb). So I decided i will wip it all off and start from scratch so I installed Windows 98 and then I was planning to install Windows XP Home...

So I installed Windows 98 and was about to Install the XP home upgrade and when I went to install it it said that I did not have enough space need to install it.so i checked the size of my main hard drive and it was only 1.99GB which was exacly what it was b4 I intsalled Windows 98 but there was only the 1.99GB Partition not the main 75gb one plzzz help me I cant put any thing on my computer because there is not enough space.

PLZZZ Help.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
so I installed Windows 98 and then I was planning to install Windows XP Home...
Since you have the WindowsXP Home you dont need to install Windows 98 as an in-between step.

which was exacly what it was b4 I intsalled Windows 98 but there was only the 1.99GB Partition not the main 75gb
1. Sounds like you have two harddrives rather than two partitions (or else you have some tricked out drive letterings)

2. If this is the full version of WXP Home as you said then screw W98, run the WXP installation and point it to the 75GB partition/drive. If its the Upgrade edition then frag both partitions and rebuild it (i.e., same thing you'd do with the full version). :)