Hard drive issue in Windows 10

lincsman

Hi there. I recently bought a new hard drive and added it to my new computer. I completely removed all hard drives and plugged them all back in, so the SATA plugs may have been rearranged. It's a long story why I did that. Anyways, now when I go to delete something it doesn't go to the recycle bin it just deletes it, and in steam (which I reinstalled), it says on there that the drives are read-only, except C:. I tried going into security and allowed full control, and also used diskpart to clear all read-only stuff on both drives. Yet still things are the same. Any help here please? Thank you.

For those who like details the hard drives are seagate and one is 1TB and the other is 4TB which I will have to back up and reformat to GTP.

Deadpool

Hi there. I recently bought a new hard drive and added it to my new computer. I completely removed all hard drives and plugged them all back in, so the SATA plugs may have been rearranged. It's a long story why I did that. Anyways, now when I go to delete something it doesn't go to the recycle bin it just deletes it, and in steam (which I reinstalled), it says on there that the drives are read-only, except C:. I tried going into security and allowed full control, and also used diskpart to clear all read-only stuff on both drives. Yet still things are the same. Any help here please? Thank you.

For those who like details the hard drives are seagate and one is 1TB and the other is 4TB which I will have to back up and reformat to GTP.

Did you allow full control for the regular users too? Or just the Admin? Whe you go to security properties there are like 4 different kind of users, you have to allow for User and Admin. That sometimes solves the problem, but not always. Are you running Steam as administrator?