Hard drive issues

bambooz1e

Awhile ago my secondary hard drive which i use to store my steam games started to have issues. It was making weird sounds on start up and steam and programs similar would often crash and then the hard drive would become unreadable. Now it will just sometimes slow down drastically for a minute or two sometimes when i use programs off it. I ran Crystal DiskInfo and the health status of the drive is caution "reallocated sector count: 32, current pending sector count: 661 and uncorrectable sector count: 572". Is there any way to fix the drive or am I best off just getting a new hard drive? thanks :)

Agent Smith

Replace that drive ASAP then copy/paste everything to the new drive if you can. But it's not really recommended as you might copy over corrupt data to the new drive.

bambooz1e

is there any way to scan the drive and see what data may be corrupted? because I wanna try copy across game saves and steam game files to save me having to redownload all of them

Agent Smith

Not that I know of. You're more than likely gonna have to redownload all that crap. One reason I don't steam. I love my optical media.