Hard Drive Partitions Question

Cjmr2008

New Member
I bought a desktop off ebay and the hard drive was split into 2. I was wondering if there was a way to make it into 1? Im installing windows 7 as we speak but am stuck at the screen where it ask where I want to install it at. There are 3 partitions 1) OEM Reserved 2) System 3) Primary. Thats the order and basically what it shows. Is there also way to get rid of the OEM Reserved as well, hope all the info needed is here, in advance thanks. Sorry for the noob question haha
 
when you get to where to install it it gives you the option to delete them and you can just make one large one :)
 
At some point during the setup there should be a menu through which you can delete all of your current partitions and then use that space for one big partition. Unfortunately I haven't installed Windows 7 yet, so I don't know exactly what buttons you would need to press.
 
yea i figured i would have that option but didnt come across it! Is there anything i can do under disk management?
 
From disk management you can edit partitions like decrease the size of one and make another or increase one from unallocated space (space not in a partition) I don't think you can delete partitions there though. With windows 7 you have to do custom install(I believe) and it brings you to the partitions and just look around it should give you the option to delete.
 
actually i dont even yet installed windows 7.. but in vista... there is an advance tab u can click for you to choose what option do u want...

make partition
delete partion
format partiotion

i hope in this post will help u..
lol...:)
 
First you format the the hard drive and before you install windows,run FDISK. And make the partition with your own choice. After after that install the windows.
 
Hi,
Similar to Windows Vista, Windows 7 also has the option to resize partitions, this means you can shrink or extend partitions. The Disk Management in built utility is able to do the job of shrinking and expanding partitions and it does not require any 3rd party utilities. To manage your partitions, open Control Panel and type “partitions” or “hard disk” in the search bar on the right corner and you can see the link “Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions” under administrative tools.

Thanks :)
 
I bought a desktop off ebay and the hard drive was split into 2. I was wondering if there was a way to make it into 1? Im installing windows 7 as we speak but am stuck at the screen where it ask where I want to install it at. There are 3 partitions 1) OEM Reserved 2) System 3) Primary. Thats the order and basically what it shows. Is there also way to get rid of the OEM Reserved as well, hope all the info needed is here, in advance thanks. Sorry for the noob question haha

On Drive Options (advanced) select delete or remove, and do that for every partition till the disk is empty, then hit new and apply.
 
Back
Top