Hard Drive replacement for laptop

jakey1995abc

I have the Samsung np355v5c-s01uk laptop and need to know whether I can take out the cd drive and replace it with an SSD and if this will be difficult. If not possible are there any 2.5inch hybrid drives that are either 750gb or preferably 1tb as my current hard drive is a huge bottle neck in my system. would also be great if the hard drive has a very fast write speed as I record videos in HD using screen capture software on my laptop.

Darlie86

I don't think that will work out. If you have a 3.0 USB port you can use an external hard drive.

wolfeking

banned
It would be silly replacing the cd drive with a SSD as they are two different sizes and so would probably get damaged.

It can be done, easily. I have a bay caddy for my M90 laptop and it works fine with any 2.5" SAS or SATA drive. Have to watch the thickness though as it will not fit the 12.5mm 1/2 TB drives.

Cgoggz56

I agree with the first post. It would be much simpler to take the original hard drive out and put the SSD in. If you want a lot of GB, be ready to pay a pretty penny. Or you could put the SSD in and also get an external hard drive. That's what I would do.