Hard drive runs slow

picc0lo

I have a 160gb hard drive. Maxtro 6Y160OP0. I have a 30gb disk too, but that disk isn't the problem. The problem is that the 160gb disk runs very slow. When i copy files it takes forever. :mad: Even the music that is on the drive plays strange. Need help.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
To ensure your drives are operating in DMA mode: (1) Control Panel, (2) System, (3) Goto the Hardware Tab, (4) Device Manager, (5) IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, (6) Right Click on Primary IDE Channel --> Properties, (7) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say 'DMA if Available', Click OK,(8) Right Click on Seconady IDE Channel --> Properties, (9) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say 'DMA if Available', Click OK, (10) Reboot.

picc0lo

Did it. All drop down boxses say DMA if avalible, but in Primary IDE Channel the current transfer mode sais PIO or somthing like that. Could this be the problem?

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 78

picc0lo

I've checked bios and it's ok. I've read a lot of threads in other forum and some people have the same problems. There were a lot of solutions like do sometheig with regedit etc. But no one of them helped me.