Hard Drive Space Missing

american_rpm

I have 2 hard disks in my computer, each split into 3 drives. The first one has C, D, and E. The Second one had F, G, and H. Awhile back i have a problem with the first hard disk (C,D,E) and had to replace it. After I got it back up and running, i noticed that drive H was missing. I'v tried everything i can think of and i cant find it. i havnt gained any new space, so i know that its still physically on the disk, the computer just cant find it. I think that it might be some sort of corrupt partition file however i downloaded a partition manager that says there is only 7 Mb free space. This cant be correct. Does anybody have any idea as to what happened and how to get my drive back. I had alot of important stuff on that drive.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The volumes of the second hard disks aren't mounted properly.
In My computer right-click on any of your hard drives, select Properties, then at the Hardware tab select the second hard disk, click on Properties, go to Volumes tab and press Populate. Does the H volume appear in that list?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
After I got it back up and running, I noticed that drive H was missing. I'v tried everything I can think of and I cant find it.
Is it missing or just with a different letter?

This cant be correct. Does anybody have any idea as to what happened and how to get my drive back. I had alot of important stuff on that drive.
Might it be possible it got amalgamated into one of the other drives?