hard drive too full

les

can someone help with this pb

i'm unable to delete files off my hard drive and my guess is that my hard drive is full to the "brim"
is that a possibility

4W4K3

VIP Member
...that or you dont have permission to delete them. does it give you a message when you try to delete them? if it says anything about not having rights to delete,rename,move,open the file then you have to aquire rights to the file. pretty easy but it took me forever to figure out how lol.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If its something like "being too full" you can easily check that by looking at your freespace but odds are if thats the case windows will say something like "There isnt enough room in the recycle bin, do you want to permanently delete this file?"

les

i don't quite know but i have the low disk space icon on my taskbar and when i click on it nothing happens
i can't bring up Window explorer to delete the songs in my music folder or IE

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You can either boot to DOS or open command prompt (start --> run --> "command" or "cmd")

Now find a file you want to delete and type "del <filename>" ... to delet folders "rd <foldername>"

les

thanks i did a checkdisk thru command and was able to get something fixed , its clean up time

thanks a lot