Harddrive Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Computer Memory and Hard Drives' started by Gun, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Gun

Gun Member

Hello Everyone!

So recently my harddrive will randomly just disconnect. I can look into my PC and it is connected but everything will disspear from my desktop and I am unable to save anything to my harddrive as my PC can simply not detect it. Everytime I restart my PC it's always connected, but usually for about 20 minutes before disconnecting. Is this definitely my harddrive causing the issue (It's a 1TB Seagate Barracuda that I've had for about 2 years), or could something else be forcing the harddrive to disconnect?

Thanks,
    Gun :)

2. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

Download Seatools for DOS (it's also found on Hiren's Boot CD) and run the diagnostic test on it.

3. Gun

Gun Member

I don't think I have a CD that I could burn it on to. I've downloaded Seatools for Windows if that will suffice. If so, what tests should I run?

4. voyagerfan99

Better to test with the DOS version. You can download Hirens and make a bootable USB with Yumi Multiboot.

5. Gun

Gun Member

Oh okay, I might give this a try then. I'll report back.

6. Gun

Gun Member

Okay I'm lazy, so I haven't bothered to burn that program onto a USB with that other problem yet! :p

I did run a test with CrystalDiskMark though, do these speeds look normal?
    [​IMG]
    Hmm, image doesn't show up? Here's the link: http://imgur.com/0fUaKFE

7. voyagerfan99

That's not going to tell you if you have issues with your drive. Please just run the drive diagnosis and report back.

8. Gun

Gun Member

Okie dokie.