Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2-2-2-5 1T
Support Voltage: 2.5V
Bandwidth: 2.7GB/s
Organization: two 64M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime

It's also got a heat spreaded. I just wonder if anyone has had any problems with it. I was wondering if the quality is the same as Kingston. Also if even though the specs are smiliar is there something about the kingston that makes it better that they aren't mentioning?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
How do you think it compares to Kingston Hyper-X?
I think the peeps with HyperX think they're all that to start with so go for it! :p If its got the same specs then you're plenty good to go :)

It's also got a heat spreaded.
Not worth all that much.

But now looking at the specs, the HyperX runs off lower voltage -- so they dont have the same specs. The decision comes down to how much you want to OC it, you can OC both but the HyperX will do a bit better

i would go the Kingston Hyper-X because its a well known brand
Kingston...... eeeeeeeeeeeeeew :p

Super_Nova

Well I just read my motherboard manual and it says it supports 2.5 volt DDR.. So I guess it's gotta be the Hyper=X

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well I just read my motherboard manual and it says it supports 2.5 volt DDR.. So I guess it's gotta be the Hyper=X
!(Support => Compatability) You can use the other ones too (well you should be able to)

samuelhii_mei

can a Asus P5GD2 permiun (with DDR2 400/533 support) support a 512mb kingston ddr2 675MHz??
what i actaully wanna know is not the maximum memory can that MB support but the speed of that ram!

Super_Nova

If your motherboard will only run its memory at 533mhz and you install 675mhz RAM it will work but it will slow down to 533mhz

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
can a Asus P5GD2 permiun (with DDR2 400/533 support) support a 512mb kingston ddr2 675MHz??
Yes.

what I actaully wanna know is not the maximum memory can that MB support but the speed of that ram!
Depends on the RAM modules more than the mobo.

If your motherboard will only run its memory at 533mhz and you install 675mhz RAM it will work but it will slow down to 533mhz
No no. It can run up those speeds ... you just need to everything manually :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
My friend Mojo had the Blue Hyper-X sticks a while ago (probably a year ago lol) and he hate them. He said they would not overclock on his DFI board, and he switched to Corsair XMS RAM instead. This could have been a nad kit, non-compatibility between RAM and mobo, or just bad overclocking on his part of course. But because of all the trouble he went through i stay away from Kingston unless it's just for stock usage. You might find it works great, i hope that is the case. i have seen people overclock it...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
This could have been a nad kit, non-compatibility between RAM and mobo, or just bad overclocking on his part of course.
I tend to think bad mobo and user :p HyperX is superb for OCing :)