Hate windows 7

Okedokey

Mate, we get it - you know how to use an OS - sheesh.

The point is there is also technical and sophistication changes over time. Simple continuous improvement. Some things change...

Your choice of words indicates a distinct ignorance (strong, weak etc very poor words to explain technology).

You're also suggesting a PC made in 1997 is a good option? Pfff.

Mate, i get your point but you're overdoing it. Id rather a new Intel system with 6GB ram anyday over some slow, noisy POS. No matter how much you know how to use the OS. Lol

I use my machine's capabilities frequently.

spirit

Staff member
I agree with Bigfella. I find it hard to use my old XP machine with an Athlon 64, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 6600 GT etc etc these days on the internet. It's just too slow for my liking and even with a fresh install of XP it just feels slow and horrible.

People are always after speed. You're not gonna find speed in a PC as old as me. :/ You try going on today's internet on a computer made in 1997. It just doesn't happen.

wolfeking

banned
I am going to both agree and disagree here. New hardware and new software can d
be good. But that does not mean everyone needs the newest and best out there. I use the Internet just fine on my laptops and they are years old, around 6 year I think. I have used the Internet on thinkpads with 500-800 MHZ P3 and minus some flash heavy sites, it worked just fine. I don't think that the majority of people really need anything more than 2GB and a P4. But most people have a touch of apple syndrome where they upgrade just because it is new.

Let me say it this way. If you have a P4 and just need more ram and everything else is wroking, I'm gunna suggest RAM, not a platform update. If it works, then there is no need for more. If you need more, then get more.

NyxCharon

People are always after speed. You're not gonna find speed in a PC as old as me. :/ You try going on today's internet on a computer made in 1997. It just doesn't happen.

And that's where linux comes into play :D
I've seen some dramatic improvements on old hardware when using a very light distro.

..I still can't believe you guys are debating all of this. :p
I'll stick with linux for everything minus gaming, because for me it just works, and i can customize everything how i want.

spynoodle

Mate, we get it - you know how to use an OS - sheesh.

The point is there is also technical and sophistication changes over time. Simple continuous improvement. Some things change...

Your choice of words indicates a distinct ignorance (strong, weak etc very poor words to explain technology).

You're also suggesting a PC made in 1997 is a good option? Pfff.

Mate, i get your point but you're overdoing it. Id rather a new Intel system with 6GB ram anyday over some slow, noisy POS. No matter how much you know how to use the OS. Lol

I use my machine's capabilities frequently.
Bigfella, no matter how harshly you may state it, you are just about always completely correct. :p
And that's where linux comes into play :D
I've seen some dramatic improvements on old hardware when using a very light distro.

..I still can't believe you guys are debating all of this. :p
I'll stick with linux for everything minus gaming, because for me it just works, and i can customize everything how i want.
^Plus, you actually built your OS. :D That's customization right there.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Plus, you actually built your OS. That's customization right there.

Trust me he did not build an OS lol.He just customized it using already finished tools programmed by someone else.And that's a big difference lol.

...it just feels slow...

Many people have that feeling just because it's "old".So if for instance they use Windows XP or Windows 7,but they both work the same speed,they will always "feel" that XP is slower just because it's older lol.And that is a GREAT sign which shows that majority of people do not know anything about computer technology lol.Of course I am not saying you are one of them,but many of them are lol.

spynoodle

Trust me he did not build an OS lol.He just customized it using already finished tools programmed by someone else.And that's a big difference lol.
Wow, man. Haters gonna hate...
Many people have that feeling just because it's "old".So if for instance they use Windows XP or Windows 7,but they both work the same speed,they will always "feel" that XP is slower just because it's older lol.And that is a GREAT sign which shows that majority of people do not know anything about computer technology lol.Of course I am not saying you are one of them,but many of them are lol.
No