Have a Logitech Mk710 keyboard and dirty

tremmor

Kids use it too. Its dirty. Wanted to dissemble it and blow it out.
I turned it upside down and has 24 screws in it. Cant find anything on the internet related
to disassembly. Hard to believe i have to take out 24 screws. hoping i could get the main cover off and
clean it. any suggestions.
thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Usually you just need to pop keys off and blow out/clean underneath them. keyboards are usually sealed unless liquid goes down the hole for the key.

tremmor

That will be a pain too John. I have done it in the past taking a paper clip and putting a
short 90 deg bend on the end. the other end i bend with a 'T' handle on it. Its a lot of keys to
pop off. Might try taking the screws out. thinking take each screw out and lay it next to the
hole it came out of. Reason there are many different sizes for some reason related to length.
then take a picture of it to get it back together. Oh well..........just another job. again........

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I think you'll find out that it was a waste to remove screws unless you spilled liquid down inside. If its just food crumbs, just take keys off. I either use a flat head screwdriver or butter knife.