Have my computer with no os installed

jellyfishv99

Hi.I just got my new computer an IdeaPad 320(this computer isn't my main) i want to delete my windows 10 os and leave my computer having no operating system,well because im going to use this computer for tor browsing only on a bootable tails os usb. How do i completely delete this windows 10 os?

Agent Smith

You could burn a copy of Hirens boot CD and format the drive. Puppy Linux should do it too I think.
If you want to erase the drive, and it's just a platter, not a SSD, try DBAN or Bleachbit. If it's a SSD you need to use Parted Magic.

jellyfishv99

@beers And how exactly do i remove the persistent storage device (hard drive).Im also going to use bootable operating systems like mx,puppy,tails not just tails. @Agent Smith what program works best at removing windows 10 and leaving the computer with no operating system? Does the ideapad 320 have an ssd?

beers

Staff member
And how exactly do i remove the persistent storage device (hard drive).
Unhook-DVR-Hard-Drive.jpg

Agent Smith

@beers And how exactly do i remove the persistent storage device (hard drive).Im also going to use bootable operating systems like mx,puppy,tails not just tails. @Agent Smith what program works best at removing windows 10 and leaving the computer with no operating system? Does the ideapad 320 have an ssd?

On the side of the laptop should be the hard drive. It should have two screws if that. That's how you can remove the drive.

jellyfishv99

Ok ill go with the remove the HDD option.But how do i fix the UEFI problems that come with not having a HDD and using these os's from a usb?

jellyfishv99

Update:Ok ive decided that im going to install mx linux on my computers ssd because this samsung usb(Samsung usb 3.0 flash drive fit 32gb) doesnt fit inside this usb(Corsair flash survivor).And i dont see any necklace accesory that would allow me to remove the bootable os usb without removing the necklace.So any more information about installing mx linux onto the computer and having it as the only os would be appreciated thanks.Going to do it by via software