have wireless signal but cant log onto a web page?

speshuled

hello my cousins laptop has just decided to not like the internet. right now shes using a wireless card on her laptop. it shows that it recognizes it and that it picks up a strong wireless signal, but....when i try to open a browser the browser doesnt open. i basically cant connect onto any web page. what can i do to fix this?

-ed

CopperKid

if you run the connection repair wizard in start>connect to>wireless network connection>support
does it say that it is all good or does it give an error?

Last edited:

Trizoy

VIP Member
Does the IE or firefox window open, or does it fail to open?

Click start, run and type in cmd then type in ping yahoo.com
Do you get a reply?

knives143

check firewall settings it might block your browser but first do this 80% of wireless issue is solve trough powercycle turn off modem, turn off, router, turn off notebook computer and then turn on modem wait to see if all lights or about 15 to 20 seconds turn on router and then wait again for 10 to 15 seconds then turn on your computer wait for connections status wait for a couple of minutes then try to connect the net settings config of router is being reset if still not connected go on cmd prompt type in ipconfig look for default gateway copy ip address and default gateway in a piece of paper then type in cmd promp, ping 192.xxx.x.x.x the default gateway that you copied and check result if your connecting to your router if the result is good and still not connected contact your ISP to setup config of the router.....