Having a Problem loading XP

The2edgeSword

Hi , I am a beginner Computer Builder . And I have done quite a bit of basic repair and builds . But I ran into a problem and don't have any clue what why its happening . I am building a generic PC with a 450 Pentium 8 gig hd , 128 mg of ram . My problem is this , on loading up XP I get the normal hit any key to boot from CD . But just before that I get a message " No Emulation System Type-(00) " Now it seems to load fine but EVERY time I get to 34% of the Windows setup it freezes . I thought it might be a bad copy of XP So I tryed another , I get the same . Could someone give me some info on this message and maybe what I can do . Thanks :confused:

nomav6

check and see what Bios you have if its El Torito BIOS, your going to need to update it, when you get the system type (00) means its not bootable. I hope thats what it was and that your able to fix it. please keep us updated :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
No Emulation System Type-(00) " Now it seems to load fine but EVERY time I get to 34% of the Windows setup it freezes
- No emulation just means ur system can natively access the CDdrive
- Assuming the CD is ok, check your memory :)

The2edgeSword

Thank you for the help

Hey thanks NomaV6 for the info . Well I checked the Bios its ASUS P2B-F .Now I just wish I knew if I have to update or not . Any ideas how to find out ? And could it be a Bios setting doimng it ? :confused:

And Praetor thank you also . I am pretty sure the disc's are good I have used them on other setups and like I said I tried two different ones. And the memory is 128 mb it does read it well in start up . But I changed the port it was in and I even added another 128 . And it still does it . Any other ideas . Cause this is really driving me nuts . :(