Having issues after Thunderstorm

saulat_99

New Member
I started up my computer and prior to windows booting it said there was a problem with CMOS or BIOS or something. Not sure what the issue was but I continued to boot with default settings. I had to re-accept security certificates for websites I go to, my computer says it is December 31st 2001, and things seem to be running weird. There was a brief storm today with lightning and my computer was off I think, could it be from lightning and is there anything I should be checking or worrying about?
 
I doubt it was the thunder which did that. We get storms almost daily here, with bad lightning, and I never once turned off the PC in a storm. But then again, I am behind a surge protector and a UPS. I would re-configure the BIOS, its probably the CMOS battery going flat?
 
Thats cool, thanks. It is my first build and I have never had a problem with the battery before but that does sound like the problem.
 
Back
Top