Having trouble downloading files to my DVD drive

I am having trouble downloading document and picture files to a disc and think it might be the drive itself. Device Manager says it is working properly. I downloaded Speecy.com. It says what it says. It looks like everything is in order. My cables, both power and info, are both installed correctly. The drive is balking and making a funny sound as if it were getting frustrated when it tries to download the files. I don't know whether it's me or the drive itself. Anyone?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download to the cd? Wrong terminology used. You burn to the cd. If the drive is making a weird nose that it usually doesn't make then chances are the drive is bad. Explain exactly how you are "downloading" to the cd. Are you running XP, Vista or 7. Are you right clicking on said files and clicking on send to "x" drive? Where X is the drive letter of your cd/dvd burner? Are you using a third party program to burn the files?

Having trouble with DVD drive

Thanks for your answer. I am doing pretty much everything you mentioned to burn the files. I've done this before.
You can get these relatively inexpensively on NewEgg.com. Do you recommend any particular brand?

Having trouble...

I am using Windows 7. The drive you mentioned on Newegg.com isn't compatible above Windows Vista. Can you suggest one that is?