HD 4350 Power Requirements question

deveritt

So I am putting together a relatively cheap build for a friend, needs to be fast for everyday tasks, but he wants to play the occasional game, like DotA and older stuff. So I decided on this graphics card:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=34811&promoid=1015

It says in the specs that it requires 400w PSU, but also says it's low power consumption and if I'm not mistaken it just draws power off the motherboard. Question is would the Antec Basiq 350w be sufficient?

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=36517&vpn=BP350&manufacture=Antec#CustomerReviews

Other stuff in computer will be a Athlon II, 1TB HDD, 16x DVD-ROM, and 4x1gb Ram, and Antec 300. I did it on an online calculator and came out to less than 200w, but just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Fatback

VIP Member
350w Antec should be enough to run it my 4850 runs fine on a 400w so I don't see any reason for you to have problems running a low end card like that on a Antec 350 especially since Antec makes pretty good power supplies.

bomberboysk

A 350W Basiq is a decent quality power supply, made by FSP so you shouldnt have problems running a low end card like a 4350.

Fatback

VIP Member
A 350W Basiq is a decent quality power supply, made by FSP so you shouldnt have problems running a low end card like a 4350.

I saw your other post what happened did you give the wrong info or something.

On your other post you said it wasn't good enough that he would need a 400w I was just wondering why you changed it.

In case your wondering how I know every time somebody posts in a thread I have subscribed to I get an e-mail on my phone.

bomberboysk

I saw your other post what happened did you give the wrong info or something.

On your other post you said it wasn't good enough that he would need a 400w I was just wondering why you changed it.

In case your wondering how I know every time somebody posts in a thread I have subscribed to I get an e-mail on my phone.
Misread the thread, for some reason i thought it said 4870 lol.

bomberboysk

Oh just wondering I never know you to be wrong about anything.
I hate sarcasm when used by people other than me:p

And btw, the "Edit post" and "delete post" buttons are some of my best friends, if not id have misspelled words all over in my posts hehe, or sometimes i miss the 2nd page of replys:D

Fatback

VIP Member
I hate sarcasm when used by people other than me:p

And btw, the "Edit post" and "delete post" buttons are some of my best friends, if not id have misspelled words all over in my posts hehe, or sometimes i miss the 2nd page of replys:D

I am a very sarcastic person I get a lot of heat about it from friends lol.

I use the edit button a lot like on just about every post but I have only deleted maybe 5 posts the whole time I have been here. I don't misspell to much because of the built in spell checker on Firefox but I do have a bad habit of leaving the r off of your so usually it never sounds right so I have to edit it.

bomberboysk

I am a very sarcastic person I get a lot of heat about it from friends lol.

I use the edit button a lot like on just about every post but I have only deleted maybe 5 posts the whole time I have been here. I don't misspell to much because of the built in spell checker on Firefox but I do have a bad habit of leaving the r off of your so usually it never sounds right so I have to edit it.
Heh, like i said, i am very sarcastic aswell as very literal, but i hate when other people use sarcasm hehe.

elliot_c

The Ati 4350 is the lowest card in the ati range and should not require anymore than 30 watt power but wouldnt it be worth getting something like a second hand 4650 because it is also not too bad on power use, should be quite cheap and should be able to run more games older/low settings?