HD 5770 and Windows 7 64 bit

simpo

I did a search to find if there was a thread for this and didn't come up with anything. I am seeing alot of talk on the reviews for the HD 5770. They are saying that Windows 7 64 bit and the HD 5770 don't work well together. Is there any trouble with screen flickering?

Anyone with a HD 5770 and Windows 7 64 bit have any input?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
They do work with X64 7 ....Maybe those people who on the reviews were having problems with early drivers....but the 5000 series do work on 7 x64!

Check out the member - linkin93 around the forum,Im sure he would answer any questions you have,Hes running 7X64 with 5770 :)

here....

http://www.computerforum.com/members/64861-linkin93.html

Last edited:

simpo

Ahh ok, thats good to hear..

This guy is the one who is making me a bit timid

7 drivers=BAD
Reviewed By: bigbadddabooma on 2/16/2010 Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week
This user purchased this item from Newegg
Pros: 0
Cons: everything,having windows7 64 bit and this card=bad..
as others have stated,screen flickering,gray screen,blue screen.
cant play one game,cant even see my desktop.
Other Thoughts: on the XFX box,it says 5 star customer support.
I sent a ticket in on 2/6/10..still have not got a answer.
thats 5 star?
Had to do research too find out 7 64bit and drivers=
big issues..
RMA for a refund.
Not neweggs fault.

linkin

VIP Member
Ahh ok, thats good to hear..

This guy is the one who is making me a bit timid

7 drivers=BAD
Reviewed By: bigbadddabooma on 2/16/2010 Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week
This user purchased this item from Newegg
Pros: 0
Cons: everything,having windows7 64 bit and this card=bad..
as others have stated,screen flickering,gray screen,blue screen.
cant play one game,cant even see my desktop.
Other Thoughts: on the XFX box,it says 5 star customer support.
I sent a ticket in on 2/6/10..still have not got a answer.
thats 5 star?
Had to do research too find out 7 64bit and drivers=
big issues..
RMA for a refund.
Not neweggs fault.

He must have had a faulty card then.

I am running an XFX 5770 on my system with windows 7 64 bit, and i've had no issues. Using catalyst 10.1

I DID have a greyscreen issue, but that was because i raised my CPU overclock for benching.

Back down to my normal overclock, no issues. I even overclocked the card to 930mhz/1275mhz

simpo

Good news..

That was one of my first choice of cards and aside from that I have heard nothing but good things about them. I will keep my build as is then..

Thanks guys

Okedokey

Many many issues all over the net. I am having 2D Grey screens of death. there is an issue with this card, in fact ATi have released a Hot Fix for the 58xx series and are working on a hotfix for the 57xx series.

Okedokey

GOOD NEWS. Catalyst 10.2 has just been released. Claims to fix the intermittent grey / blue screen with lines problem.

joh06937

mine works great with windows 7 64 bit. i have had it for two months now and haven't had any major problems.

armysgt1

I have the 5770 vapor-x and my second monitor kept flickering at the bottom. The new 10.2 catalyst drivers seem to have fixed this problem

linkin

VIP Member
Yeah, that's Ati drivers. 10.2 also gave about 4% more performance across the board with the entire 5000 series. let's hope future releases continue this trend ;)

j3c

I made my computer yesterday and installed the drivers and got the gray screen. I figured I might have installed the 32 bit driver, so did the installation again.

So far so good :D