E evapman New Member Dec 17, 2009 #1 I'm pretty new to this. I have a samsung HD501lj hard drive. It says it is about to fail. Are other manufacturer HDs compatible? Are the connections the same?
I'm pretty new to this. I have a samsung HD501lj hard drive. It says it is about to fail. Are other manufacturer HDs compatible? Are the connections the same?
Shane Super Moderator Staff member Dec 17, 2009 #2 Yes you can use any brand, will just need to find out if your hard drive is IDE or Sata...and get the same connection type. edit:I take this is your hard drive? http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...-series/HD501LJ/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail Yup just buy a new Sata drive Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
Yes you can use any brand, will just need to find out if your hard drive is IDE or Sata...and get the same connection type. edit:I take this is your hard drive? http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...-series/HD501LJ/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail Yup just buy a new Sata drive